Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Bill Goffe <go...@Oswego.EDU> on 2006/04/21 16:06:08 UTC

favicon?

At http://ese.rfe.org I've Nutch running for some time, but I have a minor
question: how to put in my own favicon? In .71, I put my favicon.ico in
src/site/src/documentation/resources/images/ and docs/img/ (wasn't sure
which mattered), did an "ant war," and redeployed the resulting war file.
The correct favicon is in webapps/ROOT/img/ and
http://ese.rfe.org/favicon.ico shows the correct icon.

But, it shows inconsistently in Firefox and Internet Explorer on search
results and on http://ese.rfe.org in spite of clearing the cache and
history in both (in fact, after clearing them, it now doesn't show!).
Also, in Firefox, when I drag the blank icon from the address bar to my
list of shortcuts (term?) at the top of the browser, the correct icon
shows up there but still not on the address bar. Ugh!

Thanks,

           Bill

         | Bill Goffe                 goffe@oswego.edu          |
         | Department of Economics    voice: (315) 312-3444     |
         | SUNY Oswego                fax:   (315) 312-5444     |
         | 416 Mahar Hall             <http://cook.rfe.org>     |
         | Oswego, NY  13126                                    |
*--------*------------------------------------------------------*-----------*
| "Getting and spending by everyone else continues to make the intellectual |
| life possible, ... which is why universities are named for the likes of   |
| Carnegie, Rockefeller, Stanford, and Duke."                               |
|   -- Daniel Akst, talking in part about anti-consumerism. "Buyer's        |
|      Remorse," Wilson Quarterly, Winter, 2004.                            |

Re: favicon?

Posted by "Håvard W. Kongsgård" <h....@niap.no>.
For Internet Explorer
http://www.favicon.com/ie.html