Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Ryan Blue <bl...@apache.org> on 2016/10/30 20:46:06 UTC

Avro 1.8.2 release

Hi everyone,

I'm going to try to get a 1.8.2 release candidate out this week. There's
only one issue that I think is a blocker on AVRO-1885, and I think we can
get that bug fixed. If anyone would like to get other commits in or think
there are more blockers, please link them to AVRO-1885 and we can discuss
on that issue.

Thanks!

rb

--
Ryan Blue

Re: Avro 1.8.2 release

Posted by Simon Woodford <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

It would be great if https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/131 could make it
in (patch for C#).

Thanks
Simon

Re: Avro 1.8.2 release

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
This jira and pull request for this NPE:

https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/166

Niels Basjes

Re: Avro 1.8.2 release

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Hi Guys,

Today a colleague of mine ran into a nasty NPE in the generated code.
I found and fixed it.
Can you please review it.
I would really like to see this one go into the 1.8.2 is it is possible.

Thanks

Niels Basjes

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 6:22 PM, S G <sg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for merging the patch Ryan. Appreciate it !
>
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > SG,
> >
> > I'll take a look at it. Thanks!
> >
> > rb
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 1:58 PM, S G <sg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey Ryan,
> > >
> > > Any chance https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/113 can make it to this
> > > release?
> > > Its been pending review for a couple months now.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > SG

> > There's
> > can