Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Bertie Shen <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/10 07:29:28 UTC

A question about how to make schema.xml change take effect

Hey folks,

  When I update schema.xml, I found most of time I do not need to restart
tomcat in order to make change take effect. But sometimes, I have to restart
tomcat server to make change take effect.

   For example, when I change a field data type from sint to tlong, I called
http://host:port/solr/dataimport?command=full-import&commit=true&clean=true.
I clicked [Schema] link from admin page and found data type is tlong; but
click [Schema Browser] and that field link, I found the data type is still
sint.  When I make a search, the result also shows the field is still sint.
The only way to make the change effective I found is to restart tomcat.

   I want to confirm whether it is intended or it is a bug.

   Thanks.

Re: A question about how to make schema.xml change take effect

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
if your are using a multicore instance you may just reload the core

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <ch...@btelligent.de>.
Did the schema browser really show a different type after restarting? I
would think you'd have to reindex before the change gets applied to the
actual data. Or is you're index/import process launched on Tomcat startup?

(schema.xml != schema browser ?!)

Chantal

Posted by Bertie Shen <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ritesh Gurung <ri...@srijan.in>.