Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2010/03/17 10:53:22 UTC

where do I put up GSoC project descriptions

Hi .. I looked at
http://community.apache.org/available-asf-gsoc-projects.html and
its conspicuously empty. I looked at the Wiki page I saw mentioned in the
mail archives and that points to a Google URL.

Please let me know where I describe a GSoC project that I'd like to mentor.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: where do I put up GSoC project descriptions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 17/03/2010 10:07, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 17/03/2010 09:53, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>> Hi .. I looked at
>> http://community.apache.org/available-asf-gsoc-projects.html
>
> Appols I misread the above as being the old wiki pages.
>
> My earlier reply is still relevant. The above page should include a JIRA
> export, but it appears not to be working. I'll try a different approach.

It works in the Cwiki, but seems to be lost in the export.

I'll add a link to the JIRA search page instead.

Ross

Re: where do I put up GSoC project descriptions

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 17/03/2010 09:53, Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
> Hi .. I looked at
> http://community.apache.org/available-asf-gsoc-projects.html and
> its conspicuously empty. I looked at the Wiki page I saw mentioned in the
> mail archives and that points to a Google URL.
>
> Please let me know where I describe a GSoC project that I'd like to mentor.

A mail was sent out to the PMCs last week with instructions.

In short see http://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html

(I'll update the wiki page for others who go there, thanks)

Ross