Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by "Ing. Oriana Costantino" <ws...@jogroup.eu> on 2015/03/26 10:37:08 UTC

Re: Ontonet issue

Hi Alessandro,

once loaded my onotology with ontonet how do I run queries on it? This
is possible through the library VIE.js?
Could you give me a tutorial or a use case?

--

Best Regards

Ing. Oriana Costantino

*Seguici su* 	<http://www.jogroup.eu/it/seguici-su>

> Hi Oriana,
>
> AFAIK, the Stanbol SPARQL component can only query graphs that were explicitly registered
> with it. The Ontology Manager currently does not do that, but it is definitely an enhancement
> worth considering. The components you mentioned should have no role with this.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Alessandro
>

> On 16/02/2015 14:25, Ing. Oriana Costantino wrote:
> Hi,
> I need your help because I have a problem with apache stanbol. After you have solved the bug
> on ontonet, I downloaded the version of stanbol directly from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk/
>   and I was able to upload my ontology, but I cannot do any query on it through the component
> sparql. I get “Invalid query” even with the example query. I also noticed that in this
> version some components are missing, such as: contenthub, enhancerVIE and cmsadapter, that
> I found in the demo version. Is this the reason why sparql does not work?
> Could you tell me where I can download the full version with the bug fixed on ontonet?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Best Regards
>
> Ing. Oriana Costantino

---

Re: Fwd: Re: Ontonet issue

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <al...@open.ac.uk>.
Hi Oriana, sorry for the late reply as I was on leave for over two weeks.

the Stanbol Ontology Manager generally leaves it up to the client to query the data in the ontologies loaded in it, but it ptrovides some facilities for pre-interpreting them into OWL. To that end, you may want to retrieve an ontology (or scope or session, see below) by its Manchester OWL syntax, by setting the HTTP Accept header to "text/owl-manchester".

If your ontologies are modularised and connected, you can organise them by plugging them into scopes (for Tboxes) and sessions (for ABoxes) as illustrated by the tutorial of the Ontology Network Manager http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/ontologymanager/ontonet/

There is a general plan for making the whole system more flexible, though at the moment I am still looking for a window where I could be able to commit to it.

best

Alessandro

On 14/04/2015 09:55, Ing. Oriana Costantino wrote:
Hello,
Do you have any news about the request made in this e-mail in attached?
Waiting for your reply.

--

Best Regards

Ing. Oriana Costantino

[cid:part1.01080607.08010503@open.ac.uk]

Seguici su      [cid:part2.04080506.02040506@open.ac.uk] <http://www.jogroup.eu/it/seguici-su>

________________________________
[Avast logo] <http://www.avast.com/>

________________________________
[Avast logo] <http://www.avast.com/>

Fwd: Re: Ontonet issue

Posted by "Ing. Oriana Costantino" <ws...@jogroup.eu>.
Hello,
Do you have any news about the request made in this e-mail in attached?
Waiting for your reply.

--

Best Regards

Ing. Oriana Costantino

*Seguici su* 	<http://www.jogroup.eu/it/seguici-su>

once loaded my onotology with ontonet how do I run queries on it? This
is possible through the library VIE.js?
Could you give me a tutorial or a use case?

--
Best Regards

Ing. Oriana Costantino

> Hi Oriana,
>
> AFAIK, the Stanbol SPARQL component can only query graphs that were explicitly registered
> with it. The Ontology Manager currently does not do that, but it is definitely an enhancement
> worth considering. The components you mentioned should have no role with this.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Alessandro
>

> On 16/02/2015 14:25, Ing. Oriana Costantino wrote:
> Hi,
> I need your help because I have a problem with apache stanbol. After you have solved the bug
> on ontonet, I downloaded the version of stanbol directly fromhttp://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk/
>   and I was able to upload my ontology, but I cannot do any query on it through the component
> sparql. I get “Invalid query” even with the example query. I also noticed that in this
> version some components are missing, such as: contenthub, enhancerVIE and cmsadapter, that
> I found in the demo version. Is this the reason why sparql does not work?
> Could you tell me where I can download the full version with the bug fixed on ontonet?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Best Regards
>
> Ing. Oriana Costantino

Avast logo <http://www.avast.com/>

Questa e-mail è stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast
antivirus.

---