Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Tarek M. Nabil" <Ta...@itworx.com> on 2003/08/05 16:06:52 UTC

Application Design Document

Hi everyone,

I just finished developing a web application using Struts and our client is asking us to provide a design document for the application.

I was wondering, if among the struts community, there's a certain template or even ideas for how such a document should look like and what it should include.

I was especially thinking of a diagram that illustrates the actions and their relationship with the JSP's and the Model. Does such diagram exist? And if yes, are there tools to generate it?

By the way, if there's nothing standard, then I would certainly appreciate any individual experiences.

Thanks,
Tarek M. Nabil

Re: Application Design Document

Posted by Kevin J Citron <ob...@elp.rr.com>.
UML

Tarek M. Nabil wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I just finished developing a web application using Struts and our client is asking us to provide a design document for the application.
>
>I was wondering, if among the struts community, there's a certain template or even ideas for how such a document should look like and what it should include.
>
>I was especially thinking of a diagram that illustrates the actions and their relationship with the JSP's and the Model. Does such diagram exist? And if yes, are there tools to generate it?
>
>By the way, if there's nothing standard, then I would certainly appreciate any individual experiences.
>
>Thanks,
>Tarek M. Nabil

Kevin J Citron
Sr. Object Imagineer
Optimized Objects, Inc.
EL Paso, Texas 79930
(915) 565-5777/566-2403

RE: Application Design Document

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.
Does your company have a standard template for a design note? If not,
there's nothing wrong with coming up with your own format, as long as you
convey the concepts.  Although it's a bit odd that you're writing the design
document after you've finished the app.