Posted to user@arrow.apache.org by Clive Cox <cc...@seldon.io> on 2019/02/10 14:36:06 UTC

Reading Tensor from Plasma in Java

I want to read an Arrow Tensor saved from python to Plasma into Java.
I thought it might be directly saved as a Tensor Flatbuffer but it looks
like not. Can someone say how this can be done or the FlatBuffers type to
use on the returned bytes from Plasma?

Thanks,

Clive

Re: Reading Tensor from Plasma in Java

Posted by Robert Nishihara <ro...@gmail.com>.
I'd suggest taking a look at how the custom TF op reads from the plasma
store
https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/d7b6ca7feb8f6419cee7069dcef20252579ea107/python/pyarrow/tensorflow/plasma_op.cc#L238
.

You can directly read the object using the Java Plasma client (and then
create a TF Tensor from the resulting buffer). It may also be possible to
use the custom TF op in Java though I'm not sure what's involved there.