Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by topcoder1 <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/07 00:44:08 UTC

mixing C++ code with axis2/c

hi folks,
I currrently have a C++ project and I want to incorporate some
generated  c stub client code into it, the problem is that I need to
compile these c code differently from C++ code I already have
otherwise I will have compilation error.  from My C++ code I can
include these c headers like this:
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#include "adb_myccode.h"
}
#endif

but adb_myccode.c  needs to be compiled as c in a different setting,
which means I can't have it and my other C++ code in the same
project...(unless there's a trick I don't know in MSVC)
so does that mean my best option is to create a win32 dll from these c
code and then use it from my C++ project?

thanks!

-Jonathan

RE: mixing C++ code with axis2/c

Posted by Victor Schrader <vs...@covad.net>.
In Visual Studio, a workspace can be comprise of multiple projects, each of
which can have its own options and flags down to the individual source file
level.  For an example of this download the Apache2 source for windows and
try to build it.  Some parts may use nmake, some may use make, some may use
masm or nasm.

Vic.