Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Mehdi Bada <me...@dbi-services.com> on 2016/10/17 16:50:15 UTC

Cassandra installation best practices

Hi all,

It is exist some best practices when installing Cassandra on production environment? Some standard to follow? For instance, the file system type etc..

Re: Cassandra installation best practices

Posted by kurt Greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Mehdi,

Nothing as detailed as Oracle's OFA currently exists. You can probably also
find some useful information here:
https://docs.datastax.com/en/landing_page/doc/landing_page/planning/planningAbout.html

Kurt Greaves
kurt@instaclustr.com
www.instaclustr.com

Re: Cassandra installation best practices

Posted by Brooke Jensen <br...@instaclustr.com>.
Hi Mehdi,

Posted by Vladimir Yudovin <vl...@winguzone.com>.
Hi,

you can take a look on http://docs.datastax.com/en/landing_page/doc/landing_page/recommendedSettingsLinux.html

Regarding file system type I guess ext4 is good enough. (Though RedHat now use XFS as default FS).

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Hosted Cloud Cassandra on Azure and SoftLayer.
Launch your cluster in minutes.

---- On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 12:50:15 -0400Mehdi Bada &lt;mehdi.bada@dbi-services.com&gt; wrote ----