Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/11/14 20:17:09 UTC

[MENTORS] CCLAs and Software Grants for LLC's? (was Re: Kick starter)

Hi Mentors,

My mental model of the rules say that if a corporation owns a copyright, we
need a CCLA covering the contributor and donations should have a software
grant.  But what about LLCs?  Especially one-person LLCs?

Thanks,
-Alex

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [MENTORS] CCLAs and Software Grants for LLC's? (was Re: Kick starter)

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
On 11/14/2012 2:17 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Hi Mentors,
>
> My mental model of the rules say that if a corporation owns a copyright, we
> need a CCLA covering the contributor and
   DotComIt already has a CCLA filed with Apache.  It was filed the same
time I filed my Individual CLA.
  So the only remaining item is whether or not the software grant is
needed.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...My mental model of the rules say that if a corporation owns a copyright, we
> need a CCLA covering the contributor and donations should have a software
> grant.  But what about LLCs?  Especially one-person LLCs?...

Whoever commits code does that under their
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt - paragraphs 4. and 5. apply
here.

The CCLA makes no difference to that, it's just something between a
company and their employees.

-Bertrand