Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Jose Miguel Tejedor Fernandez <jo...@rovio.com> on 2017/08/30 13:31:57 UTC

Modify field topics (KafkaConsumer) during runtime

Hi,

I am using Flink version 1.3.1.

I am wondering if it is possible to add/delete new topics to
FlinkKafkaConsumer during execution of a job? Otherwise, I guess I need to
cancel the job and redeploy the new job.
Cheers

BR

Re: Modify field topics (KafkaConsumer) during runtime

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

As far as I know it is not possible to do it on the fly. There is planned feature for discovering topics using some regex:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3746 <https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3746>
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5704 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5704>
But it is not completed yet.

Thanks, Piotrek