Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Syed Mushtaq <sy...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/09 22:16:31 UTC

Better way to do development for SSVM agent code

Hi,

I've been working on a couple of fixes on the Swift integration which
primarily involves changes on the agent that runs on the secondary storage
VM. For every change that I do, I have to rebuild the systemvm profile and
blow up my secondary storage VM for it to pick up my new code. Natrually,
this is very time consuming and annoying. If you guys know of a faster way
to develop/deploy the agent onto SSVM, please do tell.

Thanks,
-Syed

Re: Better way to do development for SSVM agent code

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 12/09/2015 10:16 PM, Syed Mushtaq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on a couple of fixes on the Swift integration which
> primarily involves changes on the agent that runs on the secondary storage
> VM. For every change that I do, I have to rebuild the systemvm profile and
> blow up my secondary storage VM for it to pick up my new code. Natrually,
> this is very time consuming and annoying. If you guys know of a faster way
> to develop/deploy the agent onto SSVM, please do tell.

Very nasty, but find out the JAR which it changes, copy it someway into
the SSVM and:

$ killall java

That will restart the SSVM daemon with the new JAR and you can test it
quickly.

Wido

Posted by Syed Mushtaq <sy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your responses guys, I ended up copying the jar that was
generated and restarting the SSVM. One thing to note though is that the
SSVM has a default DROP policy so I needed to change it before I could scp
my jar.

-Syed

Posted by Frank Maximus <fr...@nuagenetworks.net>.
You can also run the agent inside the management server, by changing the
advanced setting secondary.storage.vm to false.

That way no secondary storage vm will be used.

Regards,
Frank