Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bernd Brassel <bb...@informatik.uni-kiel.de> on 2005/09/14 13:26:35 UTC

Repository crash

> If the previous procedure, for some reason, does not successfully unwedge
 > your repository, you should do two things. First, move your broken
 > repository out of the way and restore your latest backup of it.
 > Then, send an email to the Subversion user list
 > (at <us...@subversion.tigris.org>) describing your problem in detail.

Okay, that's what happened:

1) trying to commit to our project's repository

  svn commit -m " underscore filter verbessert"
Sending        compiler/BaseCurry.hs
Sending        compiler/CurryToHaskell.hs
Sending        compiler/PreTrans.hs
Sending        compiler/kicsi.hs
Deleting       compiler/lib/AbsCurry.curry
Deleting       compiler/lib/AbsCurryIO.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/All_Libraries.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/CLPFD.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/Combinatorial.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/DaVinci.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/ExtDataprelude.hs
Sending        compiler/lib/Externalprelude.hs
Deleting       compiler/lib/Flat.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/FlatCurryTools.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/FlatCurryXML.curry
Deleting       compiler/lib/FlatTools.curry
Deleting       compiler/lib/FlatXML.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/FlexRigid.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/IO.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/IOExts.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/Interactive.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/Ports.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/PreTypes.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/ReadShowTerm.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/System.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/Unsafe.curry
Sending        compiler/lib/prelude.curry
Transmitting file data ......svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Reference to non-existent node '0.0.ck' in filesystem
'/home/mhinst/lehrstuhl/db'

2) trying to recover the database
svnadmin recover lehrstuhl/
Projektarchiv fÃŒr Rettung gesperrt
Bitte warten, die Rettung des Projektarchivs kann einige Zeit dauern...
svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
svn: bdb: DB_LOGC->get: LSN 368/964338: invalid log record header
svn: bdb: Log sequence error: page LSN 368 963424; previous LSN 369 51090
svn: bdb: Recovery function for LSN 369 51211 failed on forward pass
svn: bdb: PANIC: Das Argument ist ungÃŒltig
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
[...]

I guess that there might be a connection to some nfs problems I had an
hour erlier, which made me reboot my computer. These problems, however
seem to be gone.

We will restore last night's backup.