Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/02 01:12:51 UTC

Continuum 1.2 build does not build the project when it has change in sub modules

2008-10-01 16:00:23,317 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
action#update-working-directory-from-scm  - Updated 1 files.
2008-10-01 16:00:23,473 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - Merging
SCM results
2008-10-01 16:00:23,871 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
continuumBuildExecutor#maven2  - Changes are only in sub-modules.
2008-10-01 16:00:23,886 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - No
changes in the current project, not building

How do I enable so the project will build when there is change in
sub-modules?

Thanks.

LJ

Re: Continuum 1.2 build does not build the project when it has change in sub modules

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.
I tentatively do not agree on this enhancement as other sub-modules in the
same project would depend on the sub-module that was just changed. One more
issue on this is even the sub-module itself that was changed did not get
built.

Thanks.

LJ

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.
In continuum, the working copy looks like this

- parent-md
- mycommon
- myintegration
- mybusiness
- mydo
- pom.xml

the pom.xml is used for adding project into continuum

the pom.xml consist of those projects

    <modules>
        <module>parent-md</module>
        <module>mycommon</module>
        <module>myintegration</module>
        <module>mybusiness</module>
        <module>mydo</module>
    </modules>

parent-md is the parentpom for all project listed

After developer making changes in sub-modules ex: myintegration in SVN,
continuum detects the changes during schedule run but nothing gets built
even myintegration itslef. This model works well in 1.1.

Posted by "L. J." <ap...@gmail.com>.
log as an issue at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1915

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.