Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/18 19:57:49 UTC

Solr and External Fields

I recently modified the DefaultSolrHighlighter to support external
fields, but is there a way to do this for solr itself?  I'm looking to
store a field in an external store and give Solr access to that field.
 Where in Solr would I do this?

Re: Solr and External Fields

Posted by astubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm also very interested in this - for my regex augmenter. If we could get an
augmenter to add highlighting results directly to the doc, like the explain
augmenter does, then I could definitely write up that regex augmenter..

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Regex-DocTransformer-td3627314.html

I've been looking at the code, but I don't see where to get the highlighting
results from the context object, or if highlighting analysis has even been
performed by the point the doctransformer's get run. Although IMO,
doctransformers should be run when the result is ready to be sent to the
client, but before serialisation.

Re: Solr and External Fields

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
hmm...perhaps I spoke too soon.  I looked at the patch and there are
some changes in highlighter, can anyone confirm that highlighting is
supported on this?

Also is there any status on batch retrieval of these extra fields to
improve performance?

Re: Solr and External Fields

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr and External Fields