Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/23 15:10:46 UTC

[FlexJS] DOM/JQuery ASDocs viewable API html online.

Hey,

I wasted 1.5 hours trying to get asdoc working with these classes and it
seems that old gramps wasn't having it. Had namespace issues, I really
don't know what is wrong, Falcon parses this stuff fine but asdoc chokes
and dies.

So, just for people to get an example of the API, I posted the HTML asdocs
of JS and JQuery SWCs up on my server for the time being.

These docs were made with My documenter I mentioned weeks before. My
program had no problem creating these. The only thing is, I never finished
it for global functions and constants, which this project uses.

So I hacked in them for the class summary and page summary, you can see
them but I have not created full clickable pages.

There is one bug in the js of the asdocs, that if you have inherited mebers
expanded, the js doesn't redraw the rows until you click it again.

Other than that, there are quite a few features I added in my docs that
ASDoc doesn't have.

http://www.teotigraphix.com/assets/apache/dom/asdoc/index.html

Mike

Re: [FlexJS] DOM/JQuery ASDocs viewable API html online.

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mike! :)

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] DOM/JQuery ASDocs viewable API html online.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
For others that use IJ, when you create a Lib for the JS swc, you can add
the;

http://www.teotigraphix.com/assets/apache/dom/asdoc/index.html

as a documentation URL to the library and you can then use Ctrl-Q to pin or
view the docs, which then shows you the function signature for all the
callbacks in the API.

Mike

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, it would be probably really easy for you to create XML from the
intermediate model.

But, for now I don't feel good committing it, there are things I need to
reorganize and stuff, remove hundreds of license headers etc.

I will put it on my list of things to do, on the list of many. :)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Michael Schmalle <te...@gmail.com>.
No, this is a full program.

There is a huge amount of logic that goes into generating this stuff, same
would be the case for XML.

Right now it's AST -> Intermediate Model -> Velocity -> HTML.

This has nothing to do with FalconJX right now, it's purely built off the
Falcon framework of IDefinition etc.

Mike

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Sweet!