Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by wolf10 <pc...@arcor.de> on 2007/10/18 10:02:11 UTC

WS-Security questions

Hello,

I have two questions related to WS-Securty.

1. If the http-bc consumer receives a soap message including the ws-security
header and is configured like this:

<http:policies>
        <soap:ws-security receiveAction="NoSecurity UsernameToken"/>
</http:policies>

does that mean that the user information is stored in the security context
in the same way it is done if basic authentication is used?

2. Which other binding components support WS-Security?
For example the file-bc could pick up a soap message and process the
WS-Security header. In principle this would be nice to have for all
components which accept soap messages.

Thank you
Wolfgang

Re: WS-Security questions

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wolfgang,
Firstly,  servicemix-cxf-bc is based on apache cxf and also a servicemix
compatible binding component,  this component can leverage ws* feature
of cxf.
ws-security is soap binding level concept,  apache cxf support
ws-security and don't care what's the underlying transport
protocol(http, jms or in your case, ftp transport) is. Which means
apache cxf has decoupled binding and transport.
But unfortunately,  ftp transport is not a part of open source cxf.  I
know there is a ftp transport which is based on cxf transport api, but
it's part of commercial software(IONA Artix).

Best Regards
Freeman

Re: WS-Security questions

Posted by wolf10 <pc...@arcor.de>.