Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2008/02/14 09:27:00 UTC

Preparing a Commons release

As we're going to build a FOP release around the end of the month we will
also need to do a Commons release. So if anyone needs to do any changes...

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Preparing a Commons release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM, The Web Maestro
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's involved?...

Adding a MANIFEST.MF file in a jar, with the appropriate entries for
OSGi, should be enough.

See http://underlap.blogspot.com/2007/01/creating-osgi-bundle.html for example.

And obviously, testing the result in an OSGi environment, using the
Apache Felix console for example.

-Bertrand

Re: Preparing a Commons release

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
What's involved?

Clay

On 2/14/08, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Jeremias Maerki
> <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
> > ...No, there's no OSGi metadata, yet. It would be great if you could help
> >  with that. I guess you'd need to do that not only for FOP but also for
> >  XG Commons and Batik, plus all their dependencies, right?...
>
> Yes, correct - I'm mostly offline this week, but I can have a look next
> week.
> -Bertrand

The Web Maestro
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: Preparing a Commons release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Jeremias Maerki
>  > ...No, there's no OSGi metadata, yet. It would be great if you could help...
>

> ...I'm mostly offline this week, but I can have a look next week.

Well, that next week has flown by with no time to spend on this -
don't wait for me for this release, but I'll keep this request open
and hopefully find some time do to that for a future release.

Creating the OSGi manifest is easy, but we'll need a test setup as well.

-Bertrand

Re: Preparing a Commons release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.