Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Wells <da...@byu.edu> on 2003/08/14 17:06:39 UTC

Using ExceptionDescription

Hi all,

I am overriding the default Exception page with a basic page that will
show the exception messages to the user, will allow them to restart the
service, and will hide the stacktrace in a comment block for tech
support to view.

I have a Foreach component looping through the list of
ExceptionDescriptions created by the ExceptionAnalyzer's analyze method
and Insert-ing the message of each ExceptionDescription.  To test the
page, I am throwing a RuntimeException with two nested Exceptions.

It works, but the messages from the nested Exceptions don't appear, and
the ExceptionAnalyzer's javadoc said it creates an ExceptionDescription
for each nested exception.  Am I missing something?

I am using the BaseEngine and my Error class extends Exception (the
tapestry page).

Here are the simplified, important parts of the relevant code:

Error.html
--------------------------
   <b><span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:error.message"/></b>

Error.java
------------------------
public class Error extends org.apache.tapestry.pages.Exception
{
    private ExceptionDescription error;

    public ExceptionDescription getError()
    {
       return error;
    }

    public void setError(ExceptionDescription ed)
    {
       error = ed;
    }

}