Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom McCobb <tm...@attglobal.net> on 2002/06/28 18:10:14 UTC

J2EE RI and Tomcat on separate machines

I have a J2EE app that runs fine on the J2EE Reference Implementation server
when both my EJB's and WAR are loaded in the EAR deployed in the RI.  When I
try to run just the WAR on a separate machine in Tomcat 4.0.4 alone, I
cannot successfully make a jndi call, in fact, I get the following
exception:
javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Can't find SerialContextProvider

I have read several messages about this but none seems to get me around this
problem.  It seems to be some type of classpath problems, specifically
whether the j2ee.jar in the classpath.  I need certain parts of the J2EE.jar
referencable for the application itself,  but apparently other classes in
the jar are conflicting with Tomcat classes.

Has anyone definitively resolved this?

Tom Raven