Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by NY...@aol.com on 2004/07/16 14:32:50 UTC

Advanced Troubleshootiong with Arrays in Axis

Hello All,

The past few days been quite a journey with Axis for me. I have asked
numerous Axis-Users to help me with this problem. While they have been more than
generous and wonderful with their attention, this problem has not gone  away.

I pass a simple array back from Axis in Wrapped/Literal form. By examining
the SOAP Envelopes of the web service, I can see that the array is generated
properly on the server-side and sent back to the client side. Herein lies the
problem: The second it returns I receive the following error:

    java.lang.ClassCastException
java.lang.ClassCastException

Which occurs on the following line:

    java.lang.Object yes_list =   handler.query    (groupName,   password,
 accountName,  conditions);

I have tried casting this call to many different types, including Strings  &
Objects (Both plain and array). I have attempted to return it as an object
and try and output it's type to the screen.

Plain and simple, this does not ever get back from the call. Anything I try
in the client file fails. It goes to the implementation file, which is
executed  successfully, but never returns. The array is lost somewhere in Axis.

Can somebody please offer some help? I am sure many of you have returned
arrays before.

Thanks,
James Crosson
_NYY96@aol.com_ (mailto:NYY96@aol.com)

Re: Advanced Troubleshootiong with Arrays in Axis

Posted by Vy Ho <st...@drexel.edu>.
I told you already.

Did you try (without assigning the result to anything).

handler.query    (groupName,      password,     accountName, conditions);

It's not the casting to any type in your code.

Broken Pipe

Posted by Steve Wells <St...@mohomine.com>.
The following Axis error crashes the WebLogic Server - it happens when I
break out of an Axis generated client

37529 ERROR [ExecuteThread: '13' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default']
org.apache.axis.Message - java.io.IOException:
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunkNoTransfer(ChunkUtils.java:260)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunks(ChunkUtils.java:225)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.flush(ChunkOutput.java:296)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutputWrapper.flush(ChunkOutputWrapper.java:144)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:126)
        at
sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$ConverterSE.implFlush(StreamEncoder.java:243)
        at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:152)
        at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:213)
        at java.io.BufferedWriter.flush(BufferedWriter.java:230)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.writeTo(Message.java:441)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.sendResponse(AxisServlet.java:1018)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:895)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:339)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:971)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:402)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6350)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3635)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2585)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)