Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Tallamraju, Raman" <Ra...@FMR.COM> on 2006/12/13 16:09:03 UTC

Print mode doesn't work correctly in desktop pipeline

Hi All,

When I switch to print mode in the desktop pipeline the portlets switch
window state to solo state, but the portlet doesn't update to give me
the change portlet mode to view mode icon. This leaves me hanging with
print mode unless I refresh the page which restores view mode.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Thanks,
Raman

Re: Print mode doesn't work correctly in desktop pipeline

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Tallamraju, Raman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> When I switch to print mode in the desktop pipeline the portlets switch
> window state to solo state, but the portlet doesn't update to give me
> the change portlet mode to view mode icon. This leaves me hanging with
> print mode unless I refresh the page which restores view mode.
>
> Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Could you create a JIRA issue for this?
Thanks

New to Jetspeed 2 - configuration and compatability questions

Posted by Lynette Halka-Peel <lp...@hsmclothes.com>.
All,

I'm brand new to this mailing list and Jetspeed 2, have 4 days
experience with it.  My client wants me to develop a pilot web portal in
just 6 weeks, so I choose Jetspeed 2.  The portal will be an online
application to allow consumers to make purchases from an inventory of
items.  I'm starting with zero J2EE infrastructure here because they
have never used J2EE.  I've created a MySQL database and plan to use
Tomcat 5.x.   My questions are:

1. Can a Jetspeed 2 application run on Microsoft SQL Server 2003 Web
Edition?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/web.mspx#
E4D   I'm concerned that  MS may shut out some of the technologies used
within Jetspeed 2.

2. Regarding LDAP, what is the threshold of concurrent users that can be
accessing the web portal before response time is affected?

3. Roughly how many concurrent users can Tomcat 5.x support?

4. Finally, should I be using the Tomcat version that came installed
with the Jetspeed 2 binary or a separate installed version?  I've done a
lot of research and followed directions on
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-binary.html.  It
can't find the property org.apache.jetspeed.server.home when I issue
command "maven j2:portal.genapp".  I've set CATALINA_HOME, made sure my
path was set up, and set my build properties to

org.apache.jetspeed.server.home=C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5
org.apache.jetspeed.server.shared=C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/shared/lib/
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.war.dir=C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.5/webapps/
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.user = xxxx
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.password = xxxx
org.apache.jetspeed.services.autodeployment.port = 8080
org.apache.jetspeed.catalina.version.major = 5.5
org.apache.jetspeed.server.context = projects
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.home = "C:/Documents and
Settings/internetdev/.maven/projects"
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.groupId = WebStore
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.artifactId = WebStore
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.name = Pilot Portal
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.currentVersion = 1.0
#
-
# configure MySQL Test DB (only needed when running unit tests)
#
-
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name=mysql
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url =
jdbc:mysql://localhost/Pilot_WebStore
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user = xxxx
org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password = xxxx
bportals.bridges.version=1.0
derby.version=10.1.1.0
bridges.groupId=org.apache.portals.bridges
jetspeed.version=2.0

Thanks!  Sorry if these questions are so basic.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender of the error and delete the message.