Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com> on 2022/02/23 00:33:35 UTC

Re: [VOTE]: Arnold Galovics as an Apache Fineract Committer

Hi everyone,

... I guess one or the other among you saw Arnold Galovics' work around
Fineract's Git repo, his pull requests and his messages here in the mailing
list. Arnold added in a very short time not only a significant amount of
pull requests (10), but he tackled some long overdue issues that all of us
have already struggled:

   - transaction safety
   - database locks
   - ... and most prominently database independence (well, at least
   PostgreSQL support in addition to MySQL) by replacing Flyway with Liquibase
   and replacing all database (MySQL) dependent expressions with SQL standards

He has already more improvements lined up; he'll certainly let us all know
here on the mailing list about the details when he gets to it. I'm already
looking to see these contributions.

You'll see that one or the other pull request seems a bit larger than
usual, but Arnold's still paid attention that his changes can be reviewed
and that they are backward compatible (in itself already a major
challenge).

And finally, in this relatively small timeframe he somehow managed to be
responsible for 19% of 2022's contributions.

This is why I am proposing to add Arnold as a Fineract committer.

Please reply with your vote to this message.

Cheers,

Aleks

P.S.: +1

Re: [VOTE]: Arnold Galovics as an Apache Fineract Committer

Posted by Aleksandar Vidakovic <ch...@monkeysintown.com>.
... apologies, didn't have it on the radar... and reminds me to check if
I'm actually subscribed to that private list (don't remember).

Note to self: avoid sending emails at 1am...

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hello Alex,

Posted by AirsayLongCon <ai...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Awasum.

Voting halted here.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 7:31 AM VICTOR MANUEL ROMERO RODRIGUEZ <
victor.romero@fintecheando.mx> wrote:

> +1 Arnold Great job!
>
> El mar., 22 de febrero de 2022 6:33 p. m., Aleksandar Vidakovic <
> cheetah@monkeysintown.com> escribió:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> ... I guess one or the other among you saw Arnold Galovics' work around
>> Fineract's Git repo, his pull requests and his messages here in the mailing
>> list. Arnold added in a very short time not only a significant amount of
>> pull requests (10), but he tackled some long overdue issues that all of us
>> have already struggled:
>>
>>    - transaction safety
>>    - database locks
>>    - ... and most prominently database independence (well, at least
>>    PostgreSQL support in addition to MySQL) by replacing Flyway with Liquibase
>>    and replacing all database (MySQL) dependent expressions with SQL standards
>>
>> He has already more improvements lined up; he'll certainly let us all
>> know here on the mailing list about the details when he gets to it. I'm
>> already looking to see these contributions.
>>
>> You'll see that one or the other pull request seems a bit larger than
>> usual, but Arnold's still paid attention that his changes can be reviewed
>> and that they are backward compatible (in itself already a major
>> challenge).
>>
>> And finally, in this relatively small timeframe he somehow managed to be
>> responsible for 19% of 2022's contributions.
>>
>> This is why I am proposing to add Arnold as a Fineract committer.
>>
>> Please reply with your vote to this message.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Aleks
>>
>> P.S.: +1
>>
> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: [VOTE]: Arnold Galovics as an Apache Fineract Committer

Posted by Mexina Daniel <me...@singo.africa>.
+1 Great work Arnold

--

Mexina Daniel

Chief Executive Officer

Singo Africa Limited

  		Email:
  		mexina@singo.africa

  		Company Website:
  		https://singo.africa

  		Amala Website:
  		https://amala.co.tz

  		KopaSmart
  		https://kopasmart.app

  		Mobile:
  		+255 71 211 0791

  		Address:
  		Magomeni Usalama, Watumishi House, 1st Floor

  		P.O.BOX 78908 | 14121 Dar es Salaam

  [1] [2] [3] [4]

On 23-02-2022 18:31, VICTOR MANUEL ROMERO RODRIGUEZ wrote:

> +1 Arnold Great job!
>
> El mar., 22 de febrero de 2022 6:33 p. m., Aleksandar Vidakovic
> <ch...@monkeysintown.com> escribió:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> ... I guess one or the other among you saw Arnold Galovics' work
>> around Fineract's Git repo, his pull requests and his messages here in
>> the mailing list. Arnold added in a very short time not only a
>> significant amount of pull requests (10), but he tackled some long
>> overdue issues that all of us have already struggled:
>>
>> * transaction safety
>> * database locks
>> * ... and most prominently database independence (well, at least
>> PostgreSQL support in addition to MySQL) by replacing Flyway with
>> Liquibase and replacing all database (MySQL) dependent expressions
>> with SQL standards
>>
>> He has already more improvements lined up; he'll certainly let us all
>> know here on the mailing list about the details when he gets to it.
>> I'm already looking to see these contributions.
>>
>> You'll see that one or the other pull request seems a bit larger than
>> usual, but Arnold's still paid attention that his changes can be
>> reviewed and that they are backward compatible (in itself already a
>> major challenge).
>>
>> And finally, in this relatively small timeframe he somehow managed to
>> be responsible for 19% of 2022's contributions.
>>
>> This is why I am proposing to add Arnold as a Fineract committer.
>>
>> Please reply with your vote to this message.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Aleks
>>
>> P.S.: +1

Links:
------
[1] https://tz.linkedin.com/in/mexina-daniel-0aaa64b8?trk=pub-pbmap
[2] http://this-is-a-sample-url.com
[3] https://twitter.com/mexinamiel?lang=en
[4] https://www.instagram.com/miel_beckie/?hl=en

Re: [VOTE]: Arnold Galovics as an Apache Fineract Committer

Posted by VICTOR MANUEL ROMERO RODRIGUEZ <vi...@fintecheando.mx>.
+1 Arnold Great job!

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
+1 from my side. Arnold has really demonstrated all the merits of an
effective upstream contributor and I think can have an even more outsized
impact once he's a committer and can help in guiding other upstream
contributions and being more hands-on with the release process as well.

Ed

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 4:33 PM Aleksandar Vidakovic <

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative