Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com> on 2011/11/21 09:40:26 UTC

IssuedTokenInterceptorProvider in intermediary case (WAS: Proxy object used in multi threaded case)

changed subject
Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Hi colm

Thanks for clarification.

I've added this property to my jaxws:client and it runs fine then.

The only remaining issue is that we need an STS client instance and have to synchronize it to be able to trigger the getOnBehalfOfToken() which triggers the callback handler because we need the token id. This processing is independent on the STS. This means that requests for users whose token is cached will be blocked (synchronization) due to other user requests whose token is not yet cached.

Thanks
Oli
Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Oli,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, November 21, 2011 8:40:26 AM Oliver Wulff wrote:
> changed subject

Likely yes.

> However, it should then still call message.getProperty  to
> get the token (note: *not* getContextualProperty).   In that case, you would
> have an interceptor or something set the token on the message (or request
> context) and it would get picked up.
>
> Which getProperty method do you mean? Do you mean message.get(....)?

Yea, message.get(....)

> Just for sanity check... the difference between get(...) and
> getContextualProperty() is that the latter one inherits all the properties
> from the bus, service and endpoint, right?

Yep.   The message.get(...) really just checks the message itself.   The
getContextualProperty call more or less checks several places on a defined
heiarchy.   Message first, endpoint, service, and Bus.    I think the Exchange
itself is in there as well.    For most things, we like to use
getContextualProperty as that allows configuring things on the jaxws:endpoint
or via API calls or setting things "globally" on the Bus, etc...    But in
this case (with CACHE_ISSUED_TOKEN_IN_ENDPOINT set to false), it's likely
better to call get(...) to get anything that is set just on the message (which
is where anything set on the clients RequestContext would be put).

> 2) As the intermediary is a service provider also, there is a
> WebServiceContext available (correlated with TLS), we might use the
> principal name as the key into the tokenstore to retrieve the associated
> token id or as a key to retrieve the cached "onbehalfof" token (one
> additional indirection).
>
> How can I access the WebServiceContext (incoming message) in a out
> interceptor? In this case, the current message is for the outgoing call but
> the WebServiceContext should be accessible as it is correlated with the

If you have the current message (either passed in to the handleMessage for an
interceptor or via PhaseInterceptorChain.getCurrentMessage()), you can do:

WeakReference<Message> m =
message.get(PhaseInterceptorChain.PREVIOUS_MESSAGE);

to get the previous message which, for you, should be the incoming message.
>From there, you can get the request information and security stuff and such.

Dan

> IMHO, I'd go with 2) as I don't need an STS instance.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Oli

Daniel Kulp