Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org> on 2007/12/19 00:56:04 UTC

CXF version in SMX trunk

I noticed that Freeman's fix for
SM-1168<https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1168>included an
upgrade to CXF
2.1 SNAPSHOT and I was wondering if that was intentional and part of the fix
for the issue, or if it was not related to SM-1168?  CXF 2.1 apparently has
a dependency on JAXB 2.1 which I am pretty sure is going to cause problems
if compiling under JDK 1.6 since 1.6 already includes JAXB 2.0 (there are
workarounds, but they require manual installation of endorsed JAXB 2.1jars).

In addition, downgrading to JDK 1.5 to build seems to have some issues while
building wsdl-first-jsr181-su (and maybe others) because some of the xfire
tooling has specified JAXB 2.0 API and the build fails at that point.

I was hoping Freeman can give a little info on the move to CXF 2.1 snapshot
and if there is any way way we can implement this fix for SM-1168 without it
since we probably need to fix this issue for 3.2 as well and I think
upgrading to CXF 2.1 might be too much for a bug fix branch.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Jan Nielsen <ja...@gmail.com>.
A clean build on a new checkout of trunk fails to compile in "step2" with JDK
6:

  mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Pstep2 install

Installing the JAXB 2.1 binaries in the "endorsed" directory causes
compilations errors, as noted in the thread. See details below.

-Jan

Details:

At revision 607497.
java version "1.6.0_03"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode, sharing)
Maven version: 2.0.8
Java version: 1.6.0_03
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.22.13-0.3-default" arch: "i386" Family:
"unix"

[INFO] ...done.
[INFO] [cxf-codegen:wsdl2java {execution: generate-test-sources}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this
RI (from
jar:file:/home/jan/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.1.4/jaxb-impl-2.1.4.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in
the bootstrap classloader. (See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: JAXB 2.0 API is
being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from
jar:file:/home/jan/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.1.4/jaxb-impl-2.1.4.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in
the bootstrap classloader. (See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:564)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
	at
	at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: JAXB 2.0 API is
being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from
jar:file:/home/jan/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.1.4/jaxb-impl-2.1.4.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in
the bootstrap classloader. (See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)
	at
org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.WSDL2JavaMojo.processWsdl(WSDL2JavaMojo.java:263)
	at
org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.WSDL2JavaMojo.execute(WSDL2JavaMojo.java:161)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:447)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
	... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the
bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from
jar:file:/home/jan/.m2/repository/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.1.4/jaxb-impl-2.1.4.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class)
needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in
the bootstrap classloader. (See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.<clinit>(ModelBuilder.java:172)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:422)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:286)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:139)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:117)
	at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:188)
	at
	at
	at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:132)
	at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:286)
	at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:372)
	at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:337)
	at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:244)
	at org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.core.PluginLoader.init(PluginLoader.java:83)
	at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.core.PluginLoader.<init>(PluginLoader.java:73)
	at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.core.PluginLoader.getInstance(PluginLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.<init>(WSDLToJava.java:44)
	at org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.main(WSDLToJava.java:168)
	at
org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.WSDL2JavaMojo.processWsdl(WSDL2JavaMojo.java:250)
	... 19 more

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work, get compilation errors per as below
/home/ffang/projects/cxf-new/2.0.x-fixes/rt/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/DispatchImpl.java:[83,7]
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.DispatchImpl is not abstract and does not override
abstract method <T>getEndpointReference(java.lang.Class<T>) in
javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider

/home/ffang/projects/cxf-new/2.0.x-fixes/rt/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/EndpointImpl.java:[51,7]
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl is not abstract and does not override
abstract method
<T>getEndpointReference(java.lang.Class<T>,org.w3c.dom.Element...) in
javax.xml.ws.Endpoint

/home/ffang/projects/cxf-new/2.0.x-fixes/rt/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/ServiceImpl.java:[85,7]
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.ServiceImpl is not abstract and does not override
abstract method
createDispatch(javax.xml.ws.EndpointReference,javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext,javax.xml.ws.Service.Mode,javax.xml.ws.WebServiceFeature...)
in javax.xml.ws.spi.ServiceDelegate

JAXWS 2.1 add some new api which is not implemented in cxf 2.0.x

Best Regards
Freeman

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@iona.com>.

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
This won't help us much as it will only benefit those distributing the JDK.
You'll have to install both versions and switch depending on which one you
want to use...

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.

Re: CXF version in SMX trunk