Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2008/11/26 00:25:37 UTC

ZooKeeper (not) on wikipedia

I noticed today that there is no ZooKeeper page on Wikipedia. Would
anyone like to create it?

This would be preferable:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZooKeeper

But I also noticed this as well (perhaps _software could redirect? Or
just change the disambiguation page to link to ZooKeeper instead?):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZooKeeper_(software)

The zk docs home and overview should have more than enough to start:
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.0/
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.0/zookeeperOver.html

Regards,

Patrick

Re: ZooKeeper (not) on Wikipedia

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Great job, thanks!

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Great job, thanks!

Posted by "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ks...@cisco.com>.
Thanks. Done. Good catch on DFS - now you know my secret - I used the
Hadoop entry as template !

I think the best category is cloud computing, a forward looking
statement; distributed computing might be more precise, but the category
is very broad. So I added them both, which most probably is the real
nature of the beast anyway ;o)
Cheers
<k/>

|Not sure if it's external links or references but you could include:
|http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2008/03/intro-to-zookeeper-
|video.html
|http://highscalability.com/node/426
|http://www.sdtimes.com/ZOOKEEPER_SERVICES_COORDINATOR_MOVES_TO_APACHE/A
|out_SERVICECOORDINATION_and_ZOOKEEPER_and_APACHE_and_YAHOO/33011

|"distributed file system" doesn't seem right to me, but I'm not sure
|what I would replace it with. ;-)
|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Distributed_computing
|
|Patrick
|
|Krishna Sankar (ksankar) wrote:
|> First cut at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_ZooKeeper. I have
|> copied two images (ZooKeeper services and ZooKeeper Namespace)  into
|> Wikipedia.
|>
|> Also added the right pointer in the disambiguation page
|> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)
|>
|> Should we add a pointer to the Apache Template as well?
|>
|> Cheers
|> <k/>
|> P.S : I think it is a good start, so have taken down the construction
|> banner. Can put it up if anyone things we need to add lot more
|> information.

|> |
|> |mahadev
|> |
|> |
|> |On 11/25/08 4:57 PM, "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ks...@cisco.com>
|> |wrote:
|> |
> [...]
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> Or
|instead?):
|> |> |
|start:
|> |> |

Posted by "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ks...@cisco.com>.
Thanks. Done. Good catch on DFS - now you know my secret - I used the
Hadoop entry as template !

I think the best category is cloud computing, a forward looking
statement; distributed computing might be more precise, but the category
is very broad. So I added them both, which most probably is the real
nature of the beast anyway ;o)
Cheers
<k/>

|Not sure if it's external links or references but you could include:
|http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2008/03/intro-to-zookeeper-
|video.html
|http://highscalability.com/node/426
|http://www.sdtimes.com/ZOOKEEPER_SERVICES_COORDINATOR_MOVES_TO_APACHE/A
|out_SERVICECOORDINATION_and_ZOOKEEPER_and_APACHE_and_YAHOO/33011

|"distributed file system" doesn't seem right to me, but I'm not sure
|what I would replace it with. ;-)
|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Distributed_computing
|
|Patrick
|
|Krishna Sankar (ksankar) wrote:
|> First cut at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_ZooKeeper. I have
|> copied two images (ZooKeeper services and ZooKeeper Namespace)  into
|> Wikipedia.
|>
|> Also added the right pointer in the disambiguation page
|> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)
|>
|> Should we add a pointer to the Apache Template as well?
|>
|> Cheers
|> <k/>
|> P.S : I think it is a good start, so have taken down the construction
|> banner. Can put it up if anyone things we need to add lot more
|> information.

|> |
|> |mahadev
|> |
|> |
|> |On 11/25/08 4:57 PM, "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ks...@cisco.com>
|> |wrote:
|> |
> [...]
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> Or
|instead?):
|> |> |
|start:
|> |> |

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Very nice!

http://www.sdtimes.com/ZOOKEEPER_SERVICES_COORDINATOR_MOVES_TO_APACHE/About_SERVICECOORDINATION_and_ZOOKEEPER_and_APACHE_and_YAHOO/33011

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Very nice!

Posted by "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ks...@cisco.com>.
First cut at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_ZooKeeper. I have
copied two images (ZooKeeper services and ZooKeeper Namespace)  into
Wikipedia.

Also added the right pointer in the disambiguation page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)

Should we add a pointer to the Apache Template as well?

Cheers
<k/>
P.S : I think it is a good start, so have taken down the construction
banner. Can put it up if anyone things we need to add lot more
information.

|> If no one has done it, I will take a first cut at it.

|> |
|> |This would be preferable:
|> |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZooKeeper
|> |
|> |But I also noticed this as well (perhaps _software could redirect?
Or
|> |just change the disambiguation page to link to ZooKeeper instead?):
|> |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)
|> |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZooKeeper_(software)
|> |
|> |The zk docs home and overview should have more than enough to start:
|> |http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.0/
|> |http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.0/zookeeperOver.html
|> |
|> |Regards,
|> |

Posted by "Krishna Sankar (ksankar)" <ks...@cisco.com>.
First cut at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_ZooKeeper. I have
copied two images (ZooKeeper services and ZooKeeper Namespace)  into
Wikipedia.

Also added the right pointer in the disambiguation page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)

Should we add a pointer to the Apache Template as well?

Cheers
<k/>
P.S : I think it is a good start, so have taken down the construction
banner. Can put it up if anyone things we need to add lot more
information.

|> If no one has done it, I will take a first cut at it.

|> |
|> |This would be preferable:
|> |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZooKeeper
|> |
|> |But I also noticed this as well (perhaps _software could redirect?
Or
|> |just change the disambiguation page to link to ZooKeeper instead?):
|> |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zookeeper_(disambiguation)
|> |http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZooKeeper_(software)
|> |
|> |The zk docs home and overview should have more than enough to start:
|> |http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.0/
|> |http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.0/zookeeperOver.html
|> |
|> |Regards,