Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 17:46:26 UTC

New Jackrabbit committers

Hi,

On behalf of the Jackrabbit PMC I'm happy to welcome Berry van
Halderen and Thomas Draier as new Jackrabbit committers and PMC
members!. Both have earned merit through sustained high-quality
contributions, and we're excited to have them join the team.

Berry and Thomas, it's customary for new committers to introduce
themselves, so it would be great if you could share a few words about
who you are and what brings you to Jackrabbit.

PS. We're looking at a few other potential new committers from within
our many contributors. If you didn't get invited this time, just keep
up the good work and you'll earn the commit bit in no time! I'm also
willing to mentor new contributors towards committership, so drop me a
note if you're interested.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: New Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Berry van Halderen <b....@1hippo.com>.
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Berry and Thomas, it's customary for new committers to introduce
> themselves, so it would be great if you could share a few words about
> who you are and what brings you to Jackrabbit.

First of all thank you for having me in your midst.  I'll do my best to
participate in improving JackRabbit in co-operation. I've not been
that talkative either on the list, which is one of the points on my
to-be-improved-upon list. So a short introduction;  Relating to
JackRabbit i've been at Hippo to raise an extended repository
that includes workflow and some other specific features and to
build a CMS upon this.  Some of the stuff is tightly integrated in
JackRabbit code and it would be best if some of the ideas are
carried in some way into the shared code base.
Nearly all software I've wrote for the past 8-9 years has been
open-source and most things related to Apache projects.
To introduce me as a person, I'm dutch, 41yr, engaged, father
of two, and I've been hacking around since childhood.

For now, back to work and I go look what to commit first...

\Berry

Re: New Jackrabbit committers

Posted by Thomas Draier <td...@jahia.com>.
Hi All,

Thanks you for trusting me ! I'me very glad to join the team, and will
try to take time to participate more in the development of jackrabbit
- I have not been very talkative in the mailing list yet, and you
probably don't know me a lot yet - so, about me : I'm working with
Serge Huber, you probably already know, at Jahia. Jahia integrates
jackrabbit, so we've been using it (and debugging it) for a long time,
since early versions. Most of our contributions have been on bug fixes
or performance improvements for our needs. On the apache side, I've
been working before on the slide project, that we were also
integrating before switching to the JCR.
I'm eager to commit my first patch !

Best regards,

Thomas Draier

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.