Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 22:11:46 UTC

Re: Tips regarding Drill Query planning/optimizing

On Jun 16, 2014, at 11:18 AM, Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @ Julian,
> Drill currently uses Optiq as the SQL parser and Query Optimizer.
> I wanted tips from you to start exploring Optiq optimization rules. What
> could be some good places to start understanding/debugging.

The eigenbase wiki described how to write a rule. See the archived page [1]. The API has changed somewhat but it covers the concepts well.

The optiq-csv tutorial [2] also describes how to write a simple rule.

There are some debugging tips in the HOWTO [3].

Julian

[1] http://www.hydromatic.net/wiki/HowToWriteNewOptimizerRules
[2] https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq-csv/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md
[3] https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq/blob/master/HOWTO.md

Re: Tips regarding Drill Query planning/optimizing

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.
Thanks lot Julian for the tips.
I am sure it would be very helpful to everyone around here.

Regards,
Yash

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.