Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo> on 2005/11/18 13:44:24 UTC

conceptual inconsistency in ServiceEncoding

Hi,

When encoding, one needs to call setServletPath() on a ServiceEncoding
and pass the servlet path *and* the path info to it, eg,
setServletPath("/asset/foo"). But when decoding, the getServletPath()
will return the real servlet path like "/asset". This is obviously
inconsistent.

Am I missing something? If not, I'd suggest to add a setPathInfo() so
that we have getters and setters for both the servlet path and the
path info, or merge the two concepts into a context relative path and
provide a setContextRelativePath() and a getContextRelativePath().

--
Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)