Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Salonee Rege <sa...@usc.edu> on 2015/10/28 20:53:20 UTC

Using Nutch segments

We are directly using bin/nutch solrindex command to post our Nutch
segments on Solr . How can we figure out what changes to make in the
schema.xml from the content in our segments.
Kindly help
*Salonee Rege*
USC Viterbi School of Engineering
University of Southern California
Master of Computer Science - Student
Computer Science - B.E
saloneer@usc.edu  *||* *619-709-6756*

Re: Using Nutch segments

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
I can’t speak specifically as I’m not familiar with the details of Nutch’s solrindex command, but in general if I’ve got some data and want to feed it to Solr and iterate a bit on the schema as you’ll inevitably need to tinker with, I do these things:

$ # set up initial or adjust schema/config
$ bin/solr create -c nutch_collection
$ … solrindex <into nutch_collection in solr? where do you specify that with that command?>
$ # *cough* bin/post -c nutch_collection some_sample_data_to_iterate_on.json.csv.xml.pdf.doc.whatever
$ # rinse repeat

Does that help, Salonee?

	Erik