Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sam NewYork <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/28 22:33:00 UTC

encoding "Cp1252" is not supported

I recently installed Cocoon2 with JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3.  I followed all
the instructions on the installation page which involved removing parser.jar
and jaxp.jar and replacing that with xerces-1.4.4.jar

Now when I try to work with my JSP files in another webapp outside of
cocoon, I get the following message:

Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
D:\JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3\tomcat\webapps\ecp\jsp\navigation\top_nav_media.jsp(1,0)
Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/taglib.tld : Parse Error in the tag
library descriptor: The encoding "Cp1252" is not supported.
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspParseEventListener.java:713)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(DelegatingListener.java:116)

My taglib.tld in the ecp webapp explicity has an ISO-8859-1 encoding in it.
Any one have any ideas what's going on?  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam

RE: encoding "Cp1252" is not supported

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Sam NewYork [mailto:sam75ny@hotmail.com]
>
> I recently installed Cocoon2 with JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-3.2.3.  I
followed all
> the instructions on the installation page which involved removing
parser.jar
> and jaxp.jar and replacing that with xerces-1.4.4.jar
>
> Now when I try to work with my JSP files in another webapp outside of
> cocoon, I get the following message:
>
> Internal Servlet Error:
>
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
> D:\JBoss-2.4.3_Tomcat-
> 3.2.3\tomcat\webapps\ecp\jsp\navigation\top_nav_media.jsp(1,0)
> Unable to open taglibrary /WEB-INF/tlds/taglib.tld : Parse Error in
the tag
> library descriptor: The encoding "Cp1252" is not supported.
> 	at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.handleDirective(JspPars
eEvent
> Listener.java:713)
> 	at

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DelegatingListener.handleDirective(Delegating
Listen
> er.java:116)
>

> My taglib.tld in the ecp webapp explicity has an ISO-8859-1 encoding
in it.
> Any one have any ideas what's going on?  Any help will be appreciated.

What's the role of Cocoon in there?
Try tomcat-users mailing list.

Vadim