Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Karel Vervaeke <ka...@pandora.be> on 2003/07/15 17:04:20 UTC

jxforms search form

Hi,
I'm trying to make implement a search form.
I have everything in place, the forms, the flowscript, the java code
with the acual search algorithm, ...

In my flowscript, I make a call to the java search method, which returns
a java.util.ArrayList.
Now I'm a bit unsure about the next step, should I unwrap the ArrayList
into a bean and do another sendView?
Or am I completely off track, and did I miss the obvious solution?

Here 's what I have so far: (shortened version):

function search(form) {
  var searchbean = {
    firstName:"",
    lastName :"",
    postalCode :""
  }

  form.setModel(searchbean);
  form.sendView("jxforms/search.xml");
  var l = contactRegistry.search(searchbean);

 // l now has type java.util.ArrayList
 // ... what's the next step ?

}