Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Tim Webster <ti...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/14 12:44:16 UTC

CMIS 1.1 implementations - IBM?

Hi,

Does anyone know what existing CMIS 1.1 implementations are out there?  I
know Alfresco supports it, but I'm having difficulty finding any others.
 I'm particularly interested to see if IBM supports it with FileNet P8.  It
doesn't look like it does, but it's not obvious..

Thanks,

Tim

Re: CMIS 1.1 implementations - IBM?

Posted by Tim Webster <ti...@gmail.com>.
OK - thanks for that information, I was beginning to wonder how I would
ever find out.  IBM's website is pretty vague about it...:-)

Tim

Posted by Jay Brown <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
Ah.  I missed that little detail. My apologies.
This is why I should not answer emails early Saturday mornings before
coffee.  :)

All of IBM's CMIS 1.1. servers are running in the lab only.   We are in the
process of re-engineering the CMIS fleet to use OpenCMIS (and support 1.1
at the same time) to further interoperability in the future.

We should be delivering the FileNet server later this year as a tech
preview and I have it available now for our interop partners to test
against.

Thanks.

P.s. At least bulkUpdate props is an easy one to workaround on a 1.0 server
since its defined as non atomic.

Jay

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Tim Webster <ti...@gmail.com>                                                                                                            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |"dev@chemistry.apache.org" <de...@chemistry.apache.org>                                                                                          |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |06/14/2014 07:02 AM                                                                                                                            |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>

Posted by Tim Webster <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jay Brown <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
IBM supports CMIS for FileNet,  CM8 and CMOD with IS coming soon as well as
a enterprise class CMIS client all of which come with the Content
Navigator.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/ecm/cmis.html

And just recently announced, our Navigator in the cloud offering (which
uses FileNet) supports CMIS exclusively.

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=AN&subtype=CA&htmlfid=897/ENUS214-239&appname=USN

The Wikipedia article on CMIS  has a list of implementations from many
vendors as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_Management_Interoperability_Services

Jay Brown
Senior Engineer, ECM Development
IBM Software Group
jay.brown@us.ibm.com
www.linkedin.com/in/parityerror/

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Tim Webster <ti...@gmail.com>                                                                                                              |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |"dev@chemistry.apache.org" <de...@chemistry.apache.org>                                                                                            |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |06/14/2014 03:45 AM                                                                                                                              |

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Tim,

SAP has repositories that support CMIS 1.1.
For example, the HCP Document Service, SAP NetWeaver KM, and SAP Mobile
Documents.

- Florian