Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Seelbach <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/29 22:58:57 UTC

mvn error finding Woden 20071221 SNAPSHOT

I'm running a local build of just axis2 kernel and I get this error.   If
you look at
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/woden/woden/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml,
it  seems to point to 20071221.1400302-825.jar but that jar is not there.

Does this have something to do with Woden graduating from incubator?  Or
have i hosed my local build env.   (this is not the continuum build which is
running fine).

thanks,
Tom

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Axis 2.0 - Kernel
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/woden/woden/1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/woden-1.0-incubating-20071221.140302-825.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.woden:woden:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.woden -DartifactId=woden
-Dversion=1.0-incubating-20071221.140302-825 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.woden -DartifactId=woden
-Dversion=1.0-incubating-20071221.140302-825 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.axis2:axis2-kernel:jar:SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.woden:woden:jar:1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.axis2:axis2-kernel:jar:SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  eclipse-repo (http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse),
  jibx (http://jibx.sourceforge.net/maven),
  apache-ws-snapshots2 (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository2),
  apache-incubating (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
),
  tomcat-repository (http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/m2-repository),
  java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1/)

Re: mvn error finding Woden 20071221 SNAPSHOT

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Actually the woden is now split in to components and we have 1.0-SNAPSHOTjars

woden-api/ <http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/woden/woden-api/>
woden-impl-dom/
<http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/woden/woden-impl-dom/>
woden-impl-om/ <http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/woden/woden-impl-om/>

available and changing the axis2 patent pom did passed the full build for
me. we can move to 1.0-SNAPSHOT now.

Thanks
Sandakith.

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

Re: mvn error finding Woden 20071221 SNAPSHOT

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Tom Seelbach <to...@gmail.com>.
Sandakith, Lawrence, John,
I got sidetracked too and forgot to post :)  Sandakith resolved it.  Axis2
is now on the 1.0-SNAPSHOT of woden-api and woden-impl-dom.

Related question:  Can the  <id>apache-incubating</id> repository be removed
from the parent/pom.xml ?   I don't see any more dependencies on incubator
projects...

thanks!
Tom

Posted by "John Kaputin (gmail)" <ja...@gmail.com>.