Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by bruce <be...@earthlink.net> on 2006/04/26 20:15:09 UTC

Best Subversion GUI...

Hi...

I'm looking for pointers to what you consider to be the best Subversion
WebGUI... Just curious...

I'm looking for the following kind of functionality:
 -Ability to Display Tree Structure
 -Ability to create/delete/copy folders
 -Ability to modify folder information (name/date/etc...)
 -Ability to create/delete/copy files
 -Ability to modify file information (name/date/etc...)
 -Ability to list files/folders by various criteria
    -Owner
    -Date Created/Modified
    -Etc...
 -Ability to search by text/date/etc..
 -Ability to show/display history of file/folder
 -PHP/Apache/Linux
 -Permission based User Access/Restriction Functionality
     -Username/Passwd
 -Admin Functionality (Manage Users)
 -Branch Copy Ability
 -Etc...

 Thanks

 -Bruce
 bedouglas@earthlink.net

Re: Best Subversion GUI...

Posted by Nick Thompson <ni...@agere.com>.
On Thursday 27 April 2006 10:55, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2006, at 22:15, bruce wrote:
> > I'm looking for pointers to what you consider to be the best
> > Subversion
> > WebGUI... Just curious...
> >
> > I'm looking for the following kind of functionality:
> >  -Ability to Display Tree Structure
> >  -Ability to create/delete/copy folders
> >  -Ability to modify folder information (name/date/etc...)
> >  -Ability to create/delete/copy files
> >  -Ability to modify file information (name/date/etc...)
> >  -Ability to list files/folders by various criteria
> >     -Owner
> >     -Date Created/Modified
> >     -Etc...
> >  -Ability to search by text/date/etc..
> >  -Ability to show/display history of file/folder
> >  -PHP/Apache/Linux
> >  -Permission based User Access/Restriction Functionality
> >      -Username/Passwd
> >  -Admin Functionality (Manage Users)
> >  -Branch Copy Ability
>
> Sounds like a great list of features. I'll be sure to refer back to
> it if and when I ever get around to writing my Subversion web

Wouldn't it be great to have a full Subversion client as a JavaApp
that runs in a browser window? Full export, checkout and commit
functionality included too. Might have a few security issues though.

Re: Best Subversion GUI...

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.