Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Pankaj Saha <ps...@binghamton.edu> on 2016/07/13 20:52:54 UTC

creating a mesos cluster with many nodes without public ips

Hello Devs,
I have a running Mesos master node with a public IP on a KVM based Virtual
machine on the Cloud, to which I can connect other agents across the
network. I have one machine in my lab which I have public ip and I can
connect it to the Mesos master. I have used below commands to start master
and slaves into the cluster.

sudo ./bin/mesos-master.sh --work_dir=/var/lib/mesos
--advertise_ip=129.xxx.110.yy

sudo ./bin/mesos-slave.sh --master=129.xxx.110.yy:5050
--advertise_ip=129.xxx.111.zz

Now the problem is I have many other machines in my lab, which does not
have public ip addresses. How can I connect them to the Mesos master?

if I run slaves without advertise public ip, then I can see the agent
getting added to Mmesos master under the deactivated slaves. And we can not
submit jobs, jobs are getting failed. Mesos master reporting: "Transport
endpoint is not connected". I suspect it's not actually connecting to the
master.

Thanks

Re: creating a mesos cluster with many nodes without public ips

Posted by Pankaj Saha <ps...@binghamton.edu>.
hi @pradeep, I have access to many cloud accounts. I was thinking if we can
set up a cluster with many nodes from many cloud networks and many
university networks.

Posted by Pradeep Chhetri <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--