Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Benoit Decherf <de...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/09/23 10:59:38 UTC

scm:tag/branch doesn't update scm section

Hi,

When executing scm:tag goal or scm:branch goal, I think that the plugin
should add the <tag> in the <scm> section of the pom.xml.
Why doesn't it do that ?

Benoit

Re: scm:tag/branch doesn't update scm section

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
Maven-SCM know nothing about the POM so it don't update the scm section in
it and it won't do it in the future.
To create a branch for a maven project, the best way is to use the release
plugin :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/examples/branch.html

To create a tag for a maven project, the best way is to use release:prepare
/ release:perform

Emmanuel

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.