Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> on 2004/07/31 02:02:59 UTC

Is 'False' (as reentrant value) valid?

Hi,

Just came accross a question I can't answer myself.

According to the EJB 2.1 spec:

<!--
The reentrant element specifies whether an entity bean is reentrant or
not.
The reentrant element must be one of the two following:
<reentrant>True</reentrant>
<reentrant>False</reentrant>
Used in: entity
-->
<!ELEMENT reentrant (#PCDATA)>

The BluePrint PetStore application does use False as stated in the spec.

However, according to http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/j2ee_1_4.xsd:

   <xsd:complexType name="true-falseType">
     <xsd:annotation>
       <xsd:documentation>

	This simple type designates a boolean with only two
	permissible values

	- true
	- false

       </xsd:documentation>
     </xsd:annotation>
     <xsd:simpleContent>
       <xsd:restriction base="j2ee:xsdBooleanType">
	<xsd:pattern value="(true|false)"/>
       </xsd:restriction>
     </xsd:simpleContent>
   </xsd:complexType>

So, as I'm reading it correctly, the only valid values are true and
false in lowercase.

Of course, XMLBeans complains during deployment and it looks like it's
right.

Is False valid?

Best,
Jacek

Re: Is 'False' (as reentrant value) valid?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
Believe it or not the valid values changed between EJB2.0 and EJB2.1 -
in 2.0 you needed True/False and in 2.1 you need true/false

If you changed the DD version, then you will need to change the values
to match. If you are trying to deploy a jar with a 2.0 DTD doctype, then
I'd say we have a bug in the schema validaton.

--
Jeremy