Posted to users@maven.apache.org by hackaton <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/20 09:13:32 UTC

maven release:perform get java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi,

When I try to release:perform I got java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

javadoc: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Please increase memory.
        For example, on the Sun Classic or HotSpot VMs, add the option
-J-Xmx
        such as -J-Xmx32m.

How can I increase the heap size for the javadoc?

Re: error in maven command

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You need to be careful with your spelling:
 -DarchetypeVesrion=1.0.0

This should be -DarchetypeVersion, not Vesrion. I believe it will work
once you fix this.

Wayne

error in maven command

Re: maven release:perform get java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by hackaton <ha...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks all,

I didn’t realize the javadoc plugin is used behind screen, this work for me

 <reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <maxmemory>512M</maxmemory>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

Posted by Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.
Nick Stolwijk wrote:
> documentation page [1] and then especially the additionalJOption
Doesn't even need to. There is a maxmemory option.

Stefan

> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/javadoc-mojo.html
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk
> ~Java Developer~
>
> Iprofs BV.
> Claus Sluterweg 125
> 2012 WS Haarlem
> www.iprofs.nl
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:13 AM, hackaton <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I try to release:perform I got java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>>
>> javadoc: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Please increase memory.
>>        For example, on the Sun Classic or HotSpot VMs, add the option
>> -J-Xmx
>>        such as -J-Xmx32m.
>>
>> How can I increase the heap size for the javadoc?
>> --

best regards,

Stefan Seidel
software developer
________________________
VUB Printmedia GmbH
Chopinstraße 4
D-04103 Leipzig
Germany
tel.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 07
fax.    +49 (341) 9 60 50 92
mail.   sseidel@vub.de
web.    www.vub.de

HRB Köln 24015
UStID DE 122 649 251
GF Dr. Achim Preuss Neudorf,
Dr. Christian Preuss Neudorf

Re: maven release:perform get java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps by taking a look at the documentation? See the Javadoc plugin
documentation page [1] and then especially the additionalJOption
option.