Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rabl Mario <ma...@uta.at> on 2003/05/13 19:05:45 UTC

Tomcat doesn't unpack .war-file

Hi,

my Tomcat (4.1.24) does not unpack a fresh .war-file after copying it into
webapps (automatically nor after restart).

my config says:
<!-- Define the default virtual host -->
<Host name="localhost" debug="9" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" liveDeploy="true">

Any idea?

thx in advance
mario = ; )

Re: Tomcat doesn't unpack .war-file

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
I can almost guarantee that you defined a <Context> element for your
application.  If you do this, Tomcat won't expand the .war file.  You have
to do it yourself.  If you want Tomcat to automatically expand .war files,
then don't define a <Context> for that app.

Jake