Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Christian Kreutz <sc...@gmx.de> on 2004/11/02 22:08:59 UTC

AW: new lenya live sites?

We have a new website based on the default publication: www.worldshops.org.

Our orientation was the AAA rating of bobby accomplishing a website under
the "Web Accessibility Initiative". Therefore we changed the stylesheet and
excluded all tables and changed the menue to a hierarchical linking style.

Unfortunately we still could not manage to get though the XHTML Check which
has among other things to do with with the coding of Kupu. For instance it
always inserts a <br type="_moz"> tag? And we experience problems to
implement paragraphs (<p></p>), mostly there are only line breaks possible.
Last but not least we would highly recommend to think about alt text option
for images in future versions of Kupu. But of course Kupu all together works
great. It so far preferred from our clients because it simply allows copy
and paste easily out of text editors and has a well working undo function.

We use a server with Linux Suse 8.0 and tomcat 5.05 and the lenya 1.2
version. We still experience lots of weird cocoon problems. It seems like
persistence cache error (but it is not), with hidden menus, temporarily
lost documents and an error publish function. So far only a nightly reboot
of tomcat helped us to get around the problem, even though it is getting
more difficult the more publications we have parallel.

We looking forward to version 1.2.1 and congratulate once again for this
great open source cms!!

Greetings

Christian