Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2003/01/30 04:25:32 UTC

Build is broken [Was: Re: Flow problems & question]

On 28/1/03 11:40, "Gianugo Rabellino" <gi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> "Pier Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Give me five minutes, I just grabbed the new jar and commit it.. Give it a
>>> go with the new one...
>>

>> Gianugo, I just checked in the new stuff, and (in theory) all should be fine
>> for some testing...
>

> Thanks Pier: unfortunately still no luck. If anyone wants to try it,
> just cvs update, ./build.sh run and hit
> http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/flow/examples/calc/. I still get that
>
> TypeError: function WebContinuation() {
> [native code]
> }
> is not a function.
> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js; line 29)

Ohi...

    I've been able to make Jetty and Continuations work: simple: re-roll
manually the entire cocoon.war including _ALL_ jars (list of what I have
configured right now follows), and it'll work beautifully :-)

There's something definitely wrong with both ./build.sh webapp and
./build.sh run (for example, it doesn't copy any JAR in the webapp).

I don't have time to fix it tonight (as I had to put live some modifications
for work), but will tackle it tomorrow if noone gets it first...

Have fun...

    Pier

Re: Build is broken [Was: Re: Flow problems & question]

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>Thanks Pier: unfortunately still no luck. If anyone wants to try it,
>>just cvs update, ./build.sh run and hit
>>http://127.0.0.1:8888/samples/flow/examples/calc/. I still get that
>>
>>TypeError: function WebContinuation() {
>>[native code]
>>}
>>is not a function.
>>(resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js; line 29)
>

> Ohi...
>
>     I've been able to make Jetty and Continuations work: simple: re-roll
> manually the entire cocoon.war including _ALL_ jars (list of what I have
> configured right now follows), and it'll work beautifully :-)

Great Pier! Thanks for finding this out, and sorry for the late
response: I've been thoughout the last week in a customer bunker with
little or no Internet access. I'll try it out ASAP.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.

Re: Build is broken [Was: Re: Flow problems & question]

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

I'll do that... It's really confusing to have a WAR file which doesn't work!
:-)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >you have to specify the
> > -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true option to get the jars in the WEB-INF/lib
> > folder. I don't know why this was done two years ago, perhaps someone
> > remembering why?
>
> I'm +1 for switching to a -Dexclude.webapp.libs=true behaviour. It would
> seem to retain the same features but changing the default behaviour.
> BTW, using -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true would have the same effect, it's
> just not speficying it the would change.

+1 for changing.

Carsten

Re: Build is broken [Was: Re: Flow problems & question]

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>you have to specify the
> -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true option to get the jars in the WEB-INF/lib
> folder. I don't know why this was done two years ago, perhaps someone
> remembering why?

I'm +1 for switching to a -Dexclude.webapp.libs=true behaviour. It would
seem to retain the same features but changing the default behaviour.
BTW, using -Dinclude.webapp.libs=true would have the same effect, it's
just not speficying it the would change.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: Build is broken [Was: Re: Flow problems & question]

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.

I've assumed that was to exclude webapp stuff from the command line only
use?

>From a users perspective who has been trying to take a fresh look at newbie
friendliness, it would be a great plus to make this simple change in
default. The worst that happens it seems to me is that commandline only
users get extra files that they don't need.

Geoff

RE: Build is broken [Was: Re: Flow problems & question]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.