Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Henry Hsiao <uc...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/05 03:49:12 UTC

Please advise

Hi,

I am pretty much a newbie to Jmeter and have been very
impressed with it so far.  I had a few quick
questions.  Basically I want to use Jmeter to send XML
files via HTTP post.  However,  I would like each post
to send a different XML file.  Is there anyway to do
that?  Also, I was wondering what would be the best
way to log the corresponding responses?  Thanks!!

Henry

Re: Please advise

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
Well, you can post multipart, mime-encoded files, but I assumed that you
wanted to send straight XML as the post content of the HTTP request, which
is a different thing.  Sure, you can send any file as multipart.  The
documentation describes how to do it with the HTTP Request component.

-Mike

Re: Please advise

Posted by Henry Hsiao <uc...@yahoo.com>.
Mike,

--- mstover1@apache.org wrote:
> You can post some copy/pasted XML via the
> SOAP.XML-RPC sampler, but
> you can't point it at a file and have it send the
> file contents.
>
> -Mike
>
> On 4 Jun 2003 at 18:49, Henry Hsiao wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am pretty much a newbie to Jmeter and have been
> very
> > impressed with it so far.  I had a few quick
> > questions.  Basically I want to use Jmeter to send
> XML
> > files via HTTP post.  However,  I would like each
> post
> > to send a different XML file.  Is there anyway to
> do
> > that?  Also, I was wondering what would be the
> best
> > way to log the corresponding responses?  Thanks!!
> >
> > Henry

> > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync
> to Outlook(TM).
> > http://calendar.yahoo.com

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >

> --
> Michael Stover
> mstover1@apache.org
> Yahoo IM: mstover_ya
> ICQ: 152975688
> AIM: mstover777

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: Please advise

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
You can post some copy/pasted XML via the SOAP.XML-RPC sampler, but
you can't point it at a file and have it send the file contents.

-Mike

On 4 Jun 2003 at 18:49, Henry Hsiao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am pretty much a newbie to Jmeter and have been very
> impressed with it so far.  I had a few quick
> questions.  Basically I want to use Jmeter to send XML
> files via HTTP post.  However,  I would like each post
> to send a different XML file.  Is there anyway to do
> that?  Also, I was wondering what would be the best
> way to log the corresponding responses?  Thanks!!
>
> Henry

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya