Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2014/06/20 16:40:58 UTC

Preparing for 2.12.0 - Java7 language upgrades

Over at JENA-714, there is a nice patch that upgrades many areas of the
source tree to Java7 idioms (and some Java 6 idioms)

We can either apply it before the first Java7-only release 2.12.0 or
just after.  I'm neutral - patches are reversible by and large so it
isn't a huge, one-way step here.  There are already a few other
Java7-isms where I was getting Eclipse warnings that I went and fixed.

Thoughts?

The current suggestion is release-then-apply.

	Andy

PS I volunteer to be the RM for 2.12.0, subject to unpredictable time
constraints etc etc.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JENA-714

Re: Preparing for 2.12.0 - Java7 language upgrades

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Thx.  I just went through the change log.  Looks good from here.

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Preparing for 2.12.0 - Java7 language upgrades

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Andy,

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Preparing for 2.12.0 - Java7 language upgrades

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Also kinda neutral

We seem to have said in the past that we would in the short term keep the
code backwards compatible for those who still need/want Java 6 but I am
inclined to support just pushing to Java 7 only to force people to bring
themselves up to date properly

Rob

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.