Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2022/12/07 21:40:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.1.0 (take2)

Proposing the (second) test build of Cassandra 4.1.0 for release.

sha1: f9e033f519c14596da4dc954875756a69aea4e78
Git:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative
Maven Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1282/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.1.0/

The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
repositories, are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/4.1.0/

The vote will be open for 96 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.

[1]: CHANGES.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative
[2]: NEWS.txt:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.1.0 (take2)

Posted by Abe Ratnofsky <ab...@aber.io>.
I agree Benedict - I don't think we can provide a clear advisory to our users, so I would approve of not sharing anything in the release notes. But if someone posts an issue (likely to the user ML) related to streaming / bootstrapping on 4.1.0, then we should engage with the knowledge that it might be related to 18110.

Posted by Benedict <be...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jon Meredith <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

> Could we defer the close of this vote til Monday, December 12th after 6pm
> Pacific Time?

Yes.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.1.0 (take2)

Posted by Abe Ratnofsky <ab...@aber.io>.
Sorry - responded on the take1 thread:

Could we defer the close of this vote til Monday, December 12th after 6pm Pacific Time?

Jon Meredith and I have been working thru an issue blocking streaming on 4.1 for the last couple months, and are now testing a promising fix. We're currently working on a write-up, and we'd like to hold the release until the community is able to review our findings.

Thanks,
Abe

Posted by guo Maxwell <cc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>于2022年12月10日 周六上午5:59写道:

> +1 nb
>

> On Dec 7, 2022, at 3:40 PM, Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Proposing the (second) test build of Cassandra 4.1.0 for release.
>
> sha1: f9e033f519c14596da4dc954875756a69aea4e78
> Git:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative
> Maven Artifacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1282/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.1.0/
>
> The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
> repositories, are available here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/4.1.0/
>
> The vote will be open for 96 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
> tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
> binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.
>
> [1]: CHANGES.txt:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative
> [2]: NEWS.txt:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative
>

> --
you are the apple of my eye !

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.1.0 (take2)

Posted by Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 nb

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked
- signing correct
- checksums are correct
- source artefact builds (JDK 8+11)
- binary artefact runs (JDK 8+11)
- debian package runs (JDK 8+11)
- debian repo runs (JDK 8+11)
- redhat* package runs (JDK 8+11)
- redhat* repo runs (JDK 8+11)

Posted by Matt Fleming <ma...@codeblueprint.co.uk>.

Posted by Jake Luciani <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

http://twitter.com/tjake

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.1.0 (take2)

Posted by Sam Tunnicliffe <sa...@beobal.com>.
+1

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Kind Regards,
Brandon

Posted by Andrés de la Peña <ad...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Josh McKenzie <jm...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Marcus Eriksson <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Cassandra 4.1.0 (take2)

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
Proposing the (second) test build of Cassandra 4.1.0 for release.

> sha1: f9e033f519c14596da4dc954875756a69aea4e78
> Git:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/4.1.0-tentative
> Maven Artifacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecassandra-1282/org/apache/cassandra/cassandra-all/4.1.0/
>
> The Source and Build Artifacts, and the Debian and RPM packages and
> repositories, are available here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cassandra/4.1.0/
>
> The vote will be open for 96 hours (longer if needed). Everyone who has
> tested the build is invited to vote. Votes by PMC members are considered
> binding. A vote passes if there are at least three binding +1s and no -1's.

Vote passes with ten +1s (six binding).