Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/04 14:15:35 UTC

Re: checking the database for unique number created using random variable

On 04/08/2009, sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
>   Am using jmeter for functional testing of a scenario.
>
>  I have to assign a unique number to a http request.
>
>  for this i have  associated a random variable  to create a number.
>
>  the issue now is if the number already exists in database it will not allow
>  the thread to  complete the request.
>
>  how can i check number generated using random variable exists in database?
>  and if exists  how can i add next number i mean next unique number in the
>  series  to the request which is unique in the database.
>
>  assist me in resolving this.

We had a similar requirement, and the way we solved it was to create
files of random numbers. For each test, we would use a different file.
In our case, we originally started with an empty database, so we knew
that all the files we generated were valid.

I suggest you do something similar, i.e. create files of numbers
before the test and validate them.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 04/08/2009, sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb
>
>  Thanks for your reply.
>
>  I have tried in different way but for completing the the threads  it is
>  taking long time.  let me share how i have done it.
>
>  in the thread group  i have added a random variable and filled the values in
>  it declared variable name as X.
>
>  i have passed the variable  declared in  random varible in JDBC request  to
>  find the number exists in  database or not by writing a query  to check  the
>  database. variable name in jdbc request is Y
>
>  i  added a while controller  and  added http request as a child to this
>  while controller, in while controller  gave condition ${x} == ${y}.

Surely you need to us an If Controller?

Posted by sudheer reddy <gs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb