Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jesús González <je...@vmware.com> on 2023/04/11 20:08:32 UTC

Re: mod_wasm: Contributing Upstream to Apache

Hola!

We have released recent versions of mod_wasm allowing Wasm modules to return any output type via stdout, including binaries with non UTF-8 bytes sequences or \0 NULL terminators in the middle, among other fixes (see CHANGELOG<https://github.com/vmware-labs/mod_wasm/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md> for details).

These new versions allowed us to run new fully functional and unmodified applications (such as Drupal) in a safe WebAssembly environment. We will release a demo soon and a post with all the details.

We believe mod_wasm is getting ready for a v1.0.0 release. So, we really would like to get feedback from the HTTPD committers here. Still our plan is contributing this module upstream and helping to maintain it.

Cheers!

Jesús

Re: mod_wasm: Contributing Upstream to Apache

Posted by Jesús González <je...@vmware.com>.
Hola!

We just released a mod_wasm security update (v0.11.2) to address a recent CVE (low security). More details in the changelog<https://github.com/vmware-labs/mod_wasm/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md>.

Cheers,