Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ma...@cognizant.com on 2020/08/26 18:54:21 UTC

Can we use VIP ip rather than Kafka Broker host name in bootstrap string

 Hi All ,
Can we use VIP ip rather than Kafka Broker host name in bootstrap string  at producer side ?
Any concern or recommendation way

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.

Re: Can we use VIP ip rather than Kafka Broker host name in bootstrap string

Posted by Kurt Rudolph <ru...@gmail.com>.
I use a VIP in my production system and I haven't had any issues

Posted by Peter Bukowinski <pm...@gmail.com>.