Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Scheidell <sc...@secnap.net> on 2006/11/14 13:31:17 UTC

RFI scores, bad scores, etc

While we are talking about changing scores in 3.2 to eliminate spam, how
about getting rid of negative HABEAS scores that allow spam?

This negative spam also triggered the AWL and Bayesian filters, so if I
did not manually pass I this back as spam, anything like this and from
them would be allowed forever.
Spamcop shows evite has appealed their complaints before, and their isp
refused 'munged' email reports.
(means they like spammers, and make it hard to complain, and send our
email addresses to spammers to 'whitelist' their dirty lists)
Sounds like a better reason to adjust scores than you don't like RFI.

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 00:35:58 -0800
From: uk group lottery Payment <in...@evite.com>
To: "scheidell@secnap.net" <sc...@secnap.net>
Subject: Your uk claim.
--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security Corporation

Re: RFI scores, bad scores, etc

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Michael Scheidell wrote:
> While we are talking about changing scores in 3.2 to eliminate spam, how
> about getting rid of negative HABEAS scores that allow spam?

Why not file a complaint against evite with habeas. After all, the
habeas accreditation system only works if abusers get reported.

In this case, evite is being abused by someone else, but that alone
suggests evite should NOT be on habeas. Anyone can use evite to send
messages...