Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joshua Graham <jg...@anexix.com> on 2005/11/17 20:29:20 UTC

Patching in Windows

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been hashed over before. I've googled until my fingers
bled, and I've searched through the archives and FAQs already.

I have been running an older version of SA with Chris Lewis' Exchange
Sink for quite a while now with no problems. In fact it works extremely
well! However, I wanted to upgrade to the new version of 3.1. There were
problems initially with the upgrade which caused the Exchange Sink to
stop working, but they have now been worked out and there is a patch
available. I've spoken with Chris and he says that it seems to be
working with the new version (patched) although he hasn't done extensive
testing. The problem is that with my setup (Windows, ActivePerl, and SA)
I'm not quite sure how to use this patch file. I know *nix has a patch
command but I'm not aware of what I need to do to use this patch file in
my setup. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Josh